DIY Creme de Cacao
DIY Creme de Cacao is incredibly easy to make, only requiring very few ingredients and a little patience. Creme de cacao is used in various cocktails such as the Brandy Alexander, Grasshopper and Golden Cadillac to name a few.
- 750 mL Vodka or Rum high proof, 50%
- 500 g Cacao Nibs
- 3 Vanilla Beans Split
- 250 g Brown/Demerara Sugar
- 250 g Water
- Add both the cacao nibs, vanilla beans and your liquor to a swingtop bottle
- Rest for 2 weeks, shaking periodically
- Add 1:1 simple syrup to your bottle
- Rest for a further 1-2 days
- Voila, brown creme de cacao!
Alternatively, if you don't have the patience to wait several weeks, you can use heat to speed up the process. Gently heat the bottle in a water bath (30-60 mins) in place of the two weeks resting.
Tried this recipe?Tag me on Instagram! @stevethebartender