French Martini Cocktail Recipe
The French Martini was first created in the 1980s by New Year bartender Allen Katz (now the master distiller at New York Distilling Company). This an adapted recipe which calls for Chambord Black Raspberry liqueur in place of the original crème de cassis.Cassis creates a drier style French Martini while Chambord creates a sweet, rich and velvety drink. The most popular recipe uses a 4:1:3 ratio (Vodka, Cassis, Pineapple Juice) but I've opted for the sweeter ratio of 1:1:2 (Vodka, Chambord, Pineapple Juice) which really heroes the Chambord. This ratio also works best when using a combination of store bought (unsweetened juice) and fresh press pineapple juice - the fresh pineapple brings extra acidity to balance the sweeter ratio.
- 30 ml Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur 1 oz
- 30 ml Finlandia Vodka 1 oz
- 60 ml Pineapple Juice 1 part fresh, 1 part unsweetened
- Combine the ingredients into your cocktail shaker
- Shake with ice
- Double strain into a coupe glass
- Garnish with skewered raspberries
Originally included in 3 x Chambord Cocktails for Mother's Day! - a paid collaboration with Chambord.
Tried this recipe?Tag me on Instagram! @stevethebartender