Frozen drinks haven't appealed to me until I tried this exact recipe. There are a few techniques you can use to make better frozen cocktails but the single greatest tip is to use xanthan gum. Xanthan gum is an emulsifier, stabiliser and thickening agent commonly used within the food industry. It's the trade secret that Starbucks use to create a beautiful texture in many of their blended drinks. It's also readily available and can be found at your local grocery store.Watch the video below for more tips to make better frozen cocktails.
- In a blender, add the sugar, rum, lime juice and saline
- Blend until the sugar dissolved
- Slowly add the xanthan gum
- Add the ice and blend until smooth
- Transfer to a glass and garnish with a lime wheel
Tried this recipe?Tag me on Instagram! @stevethebartender