The Kumquat Quest is a great cocktail to showcase the flavours of a Kumquat (see notes below). Refreshing and tart whilst the addition of Grand Marnier to this vodka cocktail, enhances the citrus notes.
- Muddle the kumquats in your glass
- Add the remaining ingredients except the Grand Marnier
- Top with crushed ice and stir, pulling the kumquats through the drink
- Float Grand Marnier on top
- Garnish with a mint sprig and a kumquat
Kumquats are small oblong shaped citrus with a somewhat thick skin, considering how small they are. It's a relatively sour citrus fruit with a touch of sweetness. Great for marmalades (and cocktails!).
Tried this recipe?Tag me on Instagram! @stevethebartender