Classic Margarita Cocktail Recipe
The classic Margarita recipe is a simple 3:2:1 ratio of strong, sour and sweet. No need for adding extra simple syrup as the sugar content of the triple sec/Cointreau balances the sour. Margaritas are a party drink so I like to serve them in an old fashioned glass over ice!
- 45 mL Blanco Tequila 1½ oz
- 15 mL Triple Sec ½ oz
- 30 mL Fresh Lime Juice 1 oz
- Rim the glass with salt - moisten the glass with a piece of lemon or lime and place upturned onto a plate of salt
- Combine all ingredients into your cocktail shaker
- Shake with ice
- Strain into a chilled coupe or margarita glass
- Garnish with a lime wedge or wheel
Tip:- Keep all your guests happy by only rimming half the glass with salt – just in case they don’t like it.
Tried this recipe?Tag me on Instagram! @stevethebartender