Neptune's Wrath Cocktail Recipe
The Neptune's Wrath originates from The Violet Hour in Chicago. The green coloured absinthe and blue-flamed Green Chartreuse is apparently meant to resemble the colours of an angry sea.
A complex gin sour with herbal and anise notes.
- 45mL Gin (1.5 oz)
- 7.5mL Absinthe (0.25 oz)
- 22.5mL Fresh Lemon Juice (0.75 oz)
- 22.5mL 1:1 Simple Syrup (0.75 oz)
- Half an Egg White
- 7.5mL Green Chartreuse (0.25 oz)
- Combine all the ingredients except the Green Chartreuse to your cocktail shaker
- Dry shake the ingredients to emulsify the egg white
- Wet shake
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Add flaming Green Chartreuse to top
Adapted from the original recipe.
Find more cocktail recipes at StevetheBartender.com.au