Neptune's Wrath Cocktail Recipe
The Neptune's Wrath originates from The Violet Hour in Chicago. The green coloured absinthe and blue-flamed Green Chartreuse is apparently meant to resemble the colours of an angry sea.A complex gin sour with herbal and anise notes.
- 45 mL Gin 1.5 oz
- 7.5 mL Absinthe 0.25 oz
- 22.5 mL Fresh Lemon Juice 0.75 oz
- 22.5 mL 1:1 Simple Syrup 0.75 oz
- Half an Egg White
- 7.5 mL Green Chartreuse 0.25 oz
- Combine all the ingredients except the Green Chartreuse to your cocktail shaker
- Dry shake the ingredients to emulsify the egg white
- Wet shake
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Add flaming Green Chartreuse to top
Adapted from the original recipe.
Tried this recipe?Tag me on Instagram! @stevethebartender