Remember the Maine
Remember the Maine was featured in The Gentleman’s Companion by Charles H. Baker published in 1939. Created 30 years after the USS Maine met it's tragic demise in Havana Cuba. This event was said to spark the Spanish-American war of 1898. This sweeter style, spirit-forward drink is a crossbreed of a Sazerac and Manhattan.
- Combine the whiskey, vermouth and cherry liqueur into your mixing glass
- Stir with ice for 30-40 seconds
- Rinse your chilled cocktail glass with absinthe
- Strain into your cocktail glass
- Garnish with a brandied cherry or lemon twist
Tried this recipe?Tag me on Instagram! @stevethebartender