The Ruby cocktail was created by Tony Abou-Ganim - a professional bartender and author of numerous beverage-related books including Vodka Distilled (in which this cocktail is featured).
Tony says it's a "fruit-centric drink" and recommends using a potato-based vodka as it "helps soften and moderate the drink's bitter and floral elements."
- 45mL Vodka (1.5 oz)
- 15mL Aperol (0.5 oz)
- 22.5mL Elderflower Liqueur (0.75 oz)
- 22.5mL Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice (0.75 oz)
- 22.5mL Fresh Lemon Juice (0.75 oz)
- 1/2 Egg White
- Combine all the ingredients into your cocktail shaker
- Dry shake then wet shake
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
Find more cocktail recipes at StevetheBartender.com.au