Flip Cocktail Recipe
The Santa's Whiskey Flip exhibits sweet almond and spice notes with a rich, creamy mouth feel.
Create your own cinnamon-infused whiskey by macerating a few cinnamon quills for several days or Spicebox Spiced Canadian Whisky is also a great option (note of vanilla and dried spice).
- 60mL Cinnamon-infused Bourbon Whiskey (2 oz)
- 15mL Amaretto (0.5 oz)
- 7.5mL Simple Syrup (0.5 oz)
- Whole Egg
- Combine all the ingredients into your cocktail shaker
- Dry shake (no ice)
- Wet shake (with ice)
- Strain into a chilled stemmed cocktail glass
- Garnish with grated nutmeg
The recipe was originally featured on The Spruce Eats but only called for 15mL (0.5 oz) of Amaretto. We chose to tweak it with an additional 7.5mL of simple syrup for a rich Flip recipe.
Find more cocktail recipes at StevetheBartender.com.au