Three Dots and a Dash Cocktail Recipe
Three Dots and a Dash is a tiki classic created during World War II by the godfather of tiki, Donn Beach. The name means "victory" in Morse Code.The recipe calls for a rhum agricole which was originally distilled in the French Caribbean islands. Made from sugar cane juice rather than molasses, the resulting 'cane juice rum' is complex and exhibits a grassy, vegetal note from the fresh sugarcane.The cocktail features typical tiki flavours of aged cane spirit, citrus and spice. The Allspice Dram (also known as Pimento Dram) adds cinnamon, clove and nutmeg accents.
- Combine all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker
- Shake with crushed ice (optionally, flash blend with crushed ice)
- Dump the contents into a pilsner glass
- Top with crushed ice if needed
- Garnish with a pineapple 'dash' and 3 maraschino 'dots'
Adapted from Beachbum Berry’s Sippin’ Safari and featured in Smuggler's Cove
Tried this recipe?Tag me on Instagram! @stevethebartender