How to make a Tom Collins
The Tom Collins uses an Old Tom Gin which is slightly sweeter than a London Dry Gin. Some people prefer to shake a Tom Collins (without the soda/seltzer) to combine the ingredients before topping with soda and straining over fresh ice.
- 60 mL Old Tom Gin such as Haymans (2 oz)
- 22.5 mL Lemon Juice ¾ oz
- 15 mL Sugar Syrup 1:1 (½ oz)
- Pour all ingredients into a high ball glass filled with ice
- Stir briefly to mix ingredients
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and maraschino cherry
The IBA (International Bartender Association) calls for a dash of bitters but I have always made my collins without.
Tried this recipe?Tag me on Instagram! @stevethebartender