Unrelenting Passion Cocktail Recipe
- 45 mL Untold Spiced Rum
- 50 mL Coconut water
- 40 mL Passionfruit Soda
- Passionfruit Pulp
- Pass the passionfruit through a fine strainer
- Pour 50ml of passionfruit pulp (with seeds removed) into a cocktail shaker.
- Squeeze 20mL of lime juice and add 45mL Untold Spiced Rum and 50mL of coconut water
- into the shaker
- Shake vigorously
- Fill a tall glass with crushed ice and strain in the UNRELENTING PASSION
- Top with passionfruit soda
- Garnish with the spent lime or passionfruit pulp
As a junior bartender, all I ever wanted to do was drink complex cocktails and develop my palate to genuinely enjoy all the weird things “cool” bartenders were creating. As I get older and care less about what other people think, I’ve returned to drinking the flavours that make me happy and remind me of my early adulthood.
I used to love the simplicity of premixed drinks and plain old beers.
So, when I was asked to create a cocktail with Untold Spiced Rum, I wanted to make a drink that brings the technique, theory and understanding of being a sophisticated bartender and matching it to those ingredients I’d pretended weren’t cool for so long. It’s a homage to nostalgic flavours and being unafraid to be yourself.
Passionfruit sodas have always been an epic thirst quencher of mine – and if you’re lucky, the Rotarians putting on the sausage sizzle at your local hardware store will decide to offer it as a drink option. This to me is a truly unique beverage flavour synonymous with Australia.
When passionfruit is in season, there is nothing better than pairing them with Untold Spiced Rum and cold fresh soda – tweaking in a few more flavours for good measure.
So, with all this, I came up with UNRELENTING PASSION.