You and Me - Umeshu Cocktail Recipe
Leandro from The Educated Barfly laid down a challenge to create an original cocktail utilising the Japanese plum wine liqueur, Umeshu.The Nigori Umeshu that I utilised is very cloudy, viscous, has a fresh acidity and has a notable amount of sugar. Plums pair with other stone fruits, nuts and whiskey so I utilised rye whiskey, a housemade cinnamon & plum syrup and walnut bitters for a unique Umeshu sour.
- 30 ml Rye Whiskey 1 oz
- 22.5 ml Nigori Umeshu 0.75 oz
- 15 ml Fresh Lemon Juice 0.5 oz
- 15 ml Cinnamon & Plum Syrup 0.5 oz
- Dash of Black Walnut Bitters
- Half an Egg White
- Combine all the ingredients into your cocktail shaker
- Dry shake (without ice)
- Add ice and shake a second time
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with a walnut
Other flavours that compliment plums: Almonds, hazelnut, cinnamon, citrus, black pepper, honey, vanilla, ginger, raspberries, berries, bourbon, stone fruit, yuzu, strawberries, peach, fig and elderflower.
Tried this recipe?Tag me on Instagram! @stevethebartender